This week we had the honour to interview one of the most talented florists in the industry, Dimitris Labrakopoulos (known as Jim Labraco). Jim is known for pushing the creative boundaries, always coming up with fresh and stunningly beautiful ideas (as fresh and stunning as the flowers he uses in his creations). A master of his craft and a true visionary that knowns how to translate your dreams into reality!
Let’s dive into his interview and get to know him better…
- Mantra or words of wisdom that you live by?
Jim: Our Universe in a flower
- What is your favorite movie and Netflix series?
Jim: I really enjoy Sherlock Holmes
- What are your favorite things to create with flowers?
Jim: I like to adapt to the environment and usually my creations are in line with the surroundings, always with the intention of enhancing them and bring out the beauty in them.
- What do you wish we carried along as a takeaway/ lesson, when the pandemic crisis is over and we get back to normality?
Jim: To understand the value of our existence and be more grateful.
- What is the favourite part of your job?
Jim: Teamwork and the challenge of always creating something new and original!
- The wedding industry gravely suffered due to the pandemic. Do you think that new wedding trends will emerge through that predicament?
Jim: This is the only certain thing … this transition has given us time to review poles of things on our work. Intimate weddings are the natural outcome of the circumstances and are trending at the moment!
- What is your favourite way to relax / unwind?
Jim: Yes ….. I almost never relax !! but if you want an answer I will say when I go for a walk in the woods with my dogs, or when I get a warm kiss from my two daughters.
- What is your ideal wedding venue / scenery?
Jim: It is not that I have a specific ideal place as I always work with what my clients love and dream of. It their vision and dreams that I want to penetrate and translate into reality and that is the creative challenge that stimulates my imagination.
- Would you like to share a sneak peak into your future plans?
Jim: Of course … my plans are to never cease creating inventively and elegantly …. I am also conscious not to get carried away and “grow” my company and lose the essence and the reason/ meaning why I do what I do …In other words, never lose sight of my values as a creative and the vision that my brand represents.
- What are your favourite flower decoration trends of 2021-2022 and do you think is the most outdated or overdone trend at the moment?
Jim: Basically I am a fan of colors and “experiments” … I love anything that excites the sensitive chords of our emotions …. trends are constantly changing and fortunately I would say, some creations stand the test of time and some do not have luck …at the moment we have dry flowers and pampas grass in the front line…
- Would you describe yourself as an optimist? How do you stay motivated, driven and positive about the future?
Jim: I believe that remaining optimistic is the strongest weapon we have to overcome this very difficult situation.
- What advice would you give to someone planning their wedding in 2021?
Jim: I would suggest to think about the option of hosting a microwedding with very few people- the nearest and dearest- and approach this with positivity, adaptiveness, love and smiles!
- Is there anything you wish to add?
Jim: Yes.To see you soon!!!
This or That
Romantic comedy or action movie?
Jim: Romantic comedy
Cats or dogs?
Would you describe yourself as introvert or extrovert?
Burger or pizza?
Concert or theater?
Connect with Jim Labraco