Diamonds are precious. So is the trust of the person that guides you throughout the selection process. With 115 years in the industry, our studies, know how and above all our family name we guarantee the relationships we build with our customers. Trust can only be forever, as are diamonds! Venetia and Stella Vildiridis are specialized in Gemology (G.I.A), the scientific area that studies precious stones. Our studies years of experience in the field guarantee that we select and propose the ideal diamond for each occasion. For more than 115 years, our family is dedicated to precious gems and high quality jewellery. Our name is our wealth and we are working, day by day, to secure that our products and our services will remain as excellent as our ancestors wanted and our customers expect. Every diamond you purchase from our stores has its unique originality certification, issued by GIA, the most appreciated body in the field, globally. Along with the GIA certification, we give you an extra guarantee as Venetia Vildiridis stores, to make your choice even more secure, now and forever. We are a family business, with pure love for jewellery and diamonds and the utmost respect for our customers. We pay attention to every detail because we genuinely care about the satisfaction of our customers, every time. For us, ethics are beyond discussion, since it is the cornerstone of trust; our most precious value.
Let’s start the interview and have a look at the very interesting answers Stella gave us…
- Did you always know that you wanted to be a designer? When did you first realise that this was the path you wanted to pursue?
Stella: As far back as I can remember, I wanted to be an artist! It was inevitable with all this tradition, history and family achievements, for my sister and myself to get in the jewellery business. And so the fourth generation was born!
- Favourite podcast, book, movie and Netflix series?
- 1984 by George Orwell – The house of the spirits by Isabel Allende
- Kill Bill
- I don’t love watching tv, the latest most interesting though is the Queen’s Gambit
- Would you describe yourself as an optimist? How do you stay motivated, driven and positive about the future?
Stella: I would say that I am a moderate optimist. A flaw of my character is that I tend to compromise/settle and easily get used to a specific status and state of affairs. If I am happy, I don’t try to make me happier!
- How do you balance your career and motherhood? Do you think that the modern woman can successfully combine them?
Stella: Life is a balancing act. Whoever finds the perfect balance in all aspects of life then he/she will definitely be successful! Women are multi-tasking creatures after all! Everything in my opinion has its right timing, and of course good time management and organisational skills are key when it comes to combining career and motherhood… having some help for the children is also great! For me the most important thing is to spend quality time with my children and be meaningfully present when we are together.
- What have you missed the most about our pre-Covid life and what will you miss about the lockdown routine when we get back to normality?
Stella: I miss my friends. I will miss spending the whole day with my kids!
- What is your favourite way to unwind? Would you like to share a few self-care tips?
Stella: Driving, specially when its raining and setting and undressing the shop’s window display.
- Would you like to share with us something that you have discovered recently and think that the whole world should know about it? (e.g. recipe, movie, coffee place, etc.)
Stella: Movie that I watched recently and I found it touching after a long time: Lion.
Butter cookies recipe: quick & easy and delicious
- 3 thsp mixed nut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, whip the butter and brown sugar well stir in the mix nut butter and egg and mix together until smooth creamy.
Stir the flour mixture into the batter and mix until a soft dough forms.
Roll into balls and using a fork press down on each ball to flatten and creating a criss-cross pattern. Place on baking trays and bake for 9-10 minutes.
let cool on the baking tray for a few minutes before devouring.
- Would you like to share a sneak peak into your future plans?
Stella: I have to admit that my professional life has been paused the past few months since I gave birth last July and then Covid changed our lives! Nonetheless, I would like to confess and reveal to you my inspiration and vision for my next project: children’s drawings! It’s something I have in my mind a couple of years now. Picasso once said that it took him a whole lifetime to learn how to draw as a child.
- When you are designing, what do you enjoy most about the creative journey and where do you usually draw inspiration from?
Stella: Custom made designs are fascinating for me! What I enjoy the most is to make my clients dreams come true, to realize their requests and ideas through my creations! It amazes me how quickly an idea evolves in my head and then on paper! I get the best ideas while trying to fall asleep at night and then bam I am awake and ready to design! I am inspired by humans… their bodies, emotions, connection.
- What are the current trends for engagement rings? Do you feel that modern, young couples are more creative and experimental when it comes to wedding rings and engagements rings, requesting something unconventional and ‘out of the box’? (i.e. deviating from customary, classic diamond ring, etc)
Stella: Classic and minimal is always a winner and that is what i recommend to my clients! The solitaire stone needs to stand out! We are here to find the perfect engagement ring for you, combining your demands, quality and aesthetics. Tip: Choose yellow gold for your wedding bands, the finishing and color will last much longer than white gold or platinum. Rose gold is just in fashion and I personally wouldn’t recommend it. Timeless is the key word here.
- When it comes to bridal jewellery, what do you think are the best pieces that a bride could invest in?
Stella: Earrings!!!!! Closer to her face than any other piece of jewellery, earrings add glam, sparkle and elegance. Pick a pair that is not too long, so you can wear them at the ceremony as well as the party and thus have many more pictures with the earrings!
- What advice would you give to someone planning their wedding in 2021?
Stella: Skip a year if you really want the party and you’ve been dreaming for the big day, go for 2022! If you are just madly in love and you don’t really care for all the rest, book the first available date and do it as soon as possible just with your other half, your parents and best man/bridesmaid! In other words, just follow your hearts!
This or That
Explore the islands or the mainland?
Stella: Explore the islands
Puzzles or board games?
Long drive or long walk?
Stella: Long walk
Yoga or Pilates?
Wine or cocktail?
Your three desert island items?
Stella: Water, phone, sunblock
Connect with Venetia Vildiridis
Facebook: Venetia Vildiridis